Frequent crashes of PulseAudio

Lennart Poettering mzerqung at 0pointer.de
Mon Apr 7 20:31:09 UTC 2008

On Mon, 07.04.08 20:33, Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek (jakub.rusinek at gmail.com) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to report problem which appeared after upgrading PulseAudio to
> Rawhide's version.
>
> GNOME starts PA correctly, but after starting some playback (video or
> audio) PA crashes. Same when nothing is playing and I run Evolution.

Crashes? In which way?

Please run PA in a shell with "-vv":

pulseaudio -k
pulseaudio -vv

and file a bug with the output when it crashes in bugzilla. Even
better is a complete stack trace:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/StackTraces

> Part of log:
>
> ???Apr  7 20:28:09 fedora pulseaudio[5335]: main.c: setrlimit(RLIMIT_NICE,
> (31, 31)) failed: Operacja niedozwolona
> Apr  7 20:28:09 fedora pulseaudio[5335]: main.c:
> setrlimit(RLIMIT_RTPRIO, (9, 9)) failed: Operacja niedozwolona

This is not an error. Just an informational warning you can saefuly ignore.

Lennart