bugzilla triage madness :-/

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Tue Apr 8 21:24:21 UTC 2008

Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Mon, 07 Apr 2008 21:23:28 -0700, John Poelstra wrote:
>
>> Pekka Savola said the following on 04/04/2008 11:07 AM Pacific Time:
>>  > On Fri, 4 Apr 2008, Michael Schwendt wrote:
>>  >> What do I care? When I filed the bug, the product was fresh and
>>  >> maintained,
>>  >> wasn't it? But more than a year later I'm no longer willing to spend
>> time
>>  >> on the same issues without a single sign of life from the package owner.
>>
>> I think this is completely reasonable.  I'd do the same thing and would
>> thus close the bug.
>
> The message sais the tickets will be closed automatically after 30 days.
> That is 30 days for the maintainer to take a last look and see whether the
> issue is fixed or not.

No, it is not as drastic as you describe.

Yes, EOL bugs will automatically be closed after 30 days.  They should
have been closed a long time ago anyway :)  For other bugs that remain
in NEEDINFO for thirty days, they will be automatically closed too--the
normal process for bugs in NEEDINFO.  If you think this is the wrong
approach please lobby FESCo to change the process they have approved.

At any time before these 30 days are up you can change the bugs to
version 'rawhide' and change the state to ASSIGNED, thereby avoiding
auto-closure and giving you many months to review bugs as far back as
you like.

And if you wanted to be a little more creative you could query all of
the bugs assigned to you and change them all at once through the
bugzilla GUI.  Contact us on #fedora-qa we'd be glad to walk you through
the process :)

John