Lua SIG feelers

Michel Salim michel.sylvan at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 00:55:00 UTC 2008

On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 4:53 PM, Tim Niemueller <tim at niemueller.de> wrote:
> Michel Salim schrieb:
>  > Hi all,
>
>  Hi Michel and all.
>

>  > Now that a decent amount of Lua (http://www.lua.org/) modules are
>  > being packaged for Fedora, it might be time to start a Lua SIG.
>
>  True. As the (co-)maintainer of most Lua-related packages in Fedora I'd
>  really love to see more people involved, packaging and helping with
>  maintenance of packages.
>
>  For the guidelines I made some up for myself, especially regarding the
>  naming of packages. We (Jason Tibbitts as reviewer and me) came across a
>  few pitfalls if it comes to Packaging of Lua packages, especially the
>  ones that contain C code. For example passing correct CFLAGS to get
>  useful debuginfo packages. This should probably also be covered in the
>  guidelines. I'd just give it a start if no one objects.
>
>  Is there anything specific involved in creating a SIG besides having
>  interested people and setting up a Wiki page?

That's probably it. I've put up the Wiki page at
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Lua

This might need to be added to the guideline: Lua seems to search for
libraries only in the current directory and in %{_libdir}. This means
that even packages that are actually noarch cannot be declared as
such, to make sure that they are built separately on each platform.

Best,

--
Michel Salim
http://hircus.jaiku.com/