Mono Package audit

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Thu Apr 10 14:12:40 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-04-10 at 10:05 -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> 1) It's more flexible when we want to add a check for some other
> problem besides dlls

Doesn't prevent this from still happening.

> 2) There is a way for maintainers to override it sanely if need be; we
> really want fewer hardcoded macros (c.f. the discussion about
> overriding the debuginfo stuff)

Wrong answer.  We absolutely cannot allow any pre-built binary to go
through and be packaged.  Period.

> 3) It moves us towards fixing our current model where there is a very
> high bar to entry, but a very low bar to further changes.  You could
> imagine for example that our process would block a package from being
> distributed that added an rpmlint regression unless it was
> peer-reviewed.

Again, that can still be done on the side just as easily, nothing
preventing that.

--
Jesse Keating RHCE      (jkeating.livejournal.com)
Fedora Project          (fedoraproject.org/wiki/JesseKeating)