Mono Package audit

Tom "spot" Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Fri Apr 11 02:46:34 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-04-09 at 19:08 -0700, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> binary    | nant_

This guy is the big problem.

Nant includes prebuilt copies of:

lib/
=====
ICSharpCode.SharpCvsLib.Console.dll
ICSharpCode.SharpCvsLib.dll
ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.dll
log4net.dll
NUnitCore.dll
scvs.exe

lib/mono/1.0/
=========
NDoc.Core.dll
NDoc.Documenter.Msdn.dll
NDoc.ExtendedUI.dll
nunit.core.dll
nunit.framework.dll
nunit.util.dll

lib/mono/2.0/
=========
NDoc.Core.dll
NDoc.Documenter.Msdn.dll
NDoc.ExtendedUI.dll
nunit.core.dll
nunit.framework.dll
nunit.util.dll

I managed to package up sharpcvslib and ndoc, but the nunit bits are
killer. Nant needs nunit 2.2.8.0, but nunit is provided by the core mono
package, and it is only at 2.2.0.0. Important bits are missing, and the
nunit inside core mono looks to be modified. It will not cleanly build
against the provided nunit, and there is no good way to do an override.

On top of that, the NUnitCore.dll looks to be from an ancient version of
NUnit, in the 1.0 series, for which I can't find source for (anywhere).
I disabled the NUnit1 support in nant, hoping that would get me past it,
but Nunit2 needs TestOutput, which is only found in later builds of
NUnit.

This is bad because nant is how a lot of these mono packages build. For
example, both sharpcvslib and ndoc need nant to build from source. I've
spent the last two days trying to overcome this, but I am just out of
directions.

The mono-ndoc and mono-sharpcvslib SRPMS and SPECS are below:
http://www.auroralinux.org/people/spot/review/new/mono-ndoc-1.3.1-1.fc9.src.rpm
http://www.auroralinux.org/people/spot/review/new/mono-ndoc.spec

http://www.auroralinux.org/people/spot/review/new/mono-sharpcvslib-0.35-1.fc9.src.rpm
http://www.auroralinux.org/people/spot/review/new/mono-sharpcvslib.spec