Desktop agnostic icon themes?

Orion Poplawski orion at cora.nwra.com
Mon Apr 14 20:35:23 UTC 2008

I package gv, a Xaw3d based postscript viewer.  In currently I ship a
.desktop file that uses the following icon:

Icon=postscript-viewer.png

which is apparently part of gnome-themes.  I actually use KDE, and with
F9 KDE is no longer displaying the icon for gv even though gnome-themes
is installed.  Now this may very well be a bug in KDE, but I'm also
wondering if there is a desktop agnostic set of icons that could be used
for programs like this?

I also just now found that gv does have a xbm icon in the package that I
might be able to use.  Any pointers?

Thanks!

--
Orion Poplawski