Headsup: new upstream plib (ABI change) coming to rawhide (F10)

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Tue Apr 15 12:54:34 UTC 2008

Hi All,

A miracle has happened and upstream has released a new plib, I've prepated and
build (tag dist-f10) an updated version for this.

As upstream does not believe in ABI stability (no really they don't I've
discussed this with them in the past) this release breaks the ABI (and luckily
the soname changes too).

So all plib using packages will need to be rebuild, plib will hit rawhide when
it unfreezes once F-9 is done, so no worries this won't impact F-9.

I've done test rebuilds of my 2 plib using packages and the new build seems ok,
maintainers of other plib using packages (SimGear, FlightGear) may want to do a
  testbuild too to prepare for a quick rebuild once rawhide unfreezes. Please
let me know of any issues you encounter with the new plib.

Regards,

Hans