yum, and 2 packages that provide the same thing

Stephen Warren s-t-rhbugzilla at wwwdotorg.org
Fri Apr 18 22:14:24 UTC 2008

On Fri, April 18, 2008 4:02 pm, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> The aggressively versioned obsolete in unison213 is doing its job too
> well. I concur with Micheal as to the underlying problem here.

As I mentioned in an earlier recent email (perhaps slightly implicitly),
unison213 and unison227 must both obsolete unison, in order to remove
unison's usage of the /usr/bin/unison path, so that either/both packages
can own that path (using alternatives).

Without unison213 obsoleting unison, unison213 wouldn't work correctly,
because installing it wouldn't force unison to be removed, and hence
unison213 wouldn't be able to set up the /usr/bin/unison link correctly.