compat-wxGTK-2.4.2

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Sat Apr 19 11:12:58 UTC 2008

On Sat, Apr 19, 2008 at 11:22:43AM +0100, Pascal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a software (not free) which depends on compat-wxGTK-2.4.2.
> Apparently the rpm has been set obsolete. Do you want to keep it that
> way ?

The latest 2.4 release dates back from 2003-09-21. So it is not very
likely to lead to much developper support. But you could submit it to
fedora, if you are ready to do all the backporting of serious bugs,
especially security bugs.

You could read:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BrianPepple/DraftCompatPackages

In that it is told that 'the primary package maintainer' should not be
against. I am not sure it should be mandated, but at least you should
contact the primary maintainer and discuss with him about the compat
package.

> I can keep wxgtk2 on my repo with my non free software but if you
> are interesed, I can maintain this package for centos and fedora (32
> bits only).

It is EPEL here, not centos (though EPEL can be used with centos or
RHEL).

> I have never contributed on a fedora/centos repository.

You can read
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/Join
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/HowToGetSponsored

The front page is at