KDE4 & KDE3 programs - Color inheritance problems

Kelly Miller lightsolphoenix at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 22:12:37 UTC 2008

I've noticed while running KDE4 that KDE3 programs don't seem to inherit
colors properly (even if "apply to non-KDE4 programs" is clicked), so
I'm going to drop a hint from looking into the config files:

KDE4 stores colors under custom headers in the kdeglobals file.  KDE3
also stored colors in kdeglobals, but under the [General] header.
KDE4's color adjuster does not write colors in [General] - I suspect
that is why KDE3 programs don't inherit colors properly.