F9 beta: disk druid

Gerry Reno greno at verizon.net
Sun Apr 20 21:30:53 UTC 2008

Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-04-20 at 13:37 -0400, Gerry Reno wrote:
>
>> Some observations from my first attempt at loading F9beta:
>>

> Do these issues still show up with the Preview Release?

Yes, the raid arrays are still being marked as foreign which means you
have to delete the LVM and RAID and start over.  I notice that the RAID5
is the one that comes up most consistently as 'foreign'.  Sometimes the
RAID1 will show as foreign and other times not.

This is sad, DD is basically a POS for all but the most trivial of configs.

And worse.  In Preview, whenever I press the Next button after finishing
all the partition, raid and lvm configuration, nothing happens.  It will
not go to the next screen.  The install is doa at that point.

One time the Next button gave my an unhandled exception error and asked
to file a bug but it refused to find my usbkey and when I tried Remote,
it said there was a problem writing the file.  So I scp a file using the
same credentials, same machine, same filename, in a console without any
problem.  Do not know what it was having a problem doing.  No further
details provided.  So I replug my usbkey and try Disk again and then I
get an Assertion (ped_partition_is_active(part) at disk.c:1186 in
function ped_partition_get_flag() failed.

Gerry