Legal advice (was Re: CLA is broken)

Stepan Kasal skasal at redhat.com
Tue Apr 22 09:38:51 UTC 2008

Hello,

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 11:55:25AM -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-04-21 at 17:49 +0200, Stepan Kasal wrote:
> > But the contributor is supposed to sign it, supposedly without
> > getting a legal advice.
>
> Where do we state, suggest, encourage, hint that you should sign it
> without getting legal advice?  Seriously?

nowere, of course.  Sorry for implying that.

Let me put is this way:

1) I'd be interested to learn how many of the Fedora contributors got
a legal advice about it before they signed it.

2) If the CLA were so simple that most developers were able to
understand it without getting a legal advice, that would lower the
enter barrier and thus would present a competitive advantage.
(No, I do not imply it is possible, I'm just dreaming.)

Stepan