Adding /sbin and /usr/sbin to everyone's path in F10

Thomas M Steenholdt tmus at tmus.dk
Thu Apr 24 01:01:17 UTC 2008

Les Mikesell wrote:

>>> Are you suggesting that there is something wrong with debugging, or
>>> that it should be made more difficult???
>>
>> ???
>>
>> in the past year, how many times have you started httpd by running
>> manually, rather than by 'service httpd start' ?
>
> Most of our web services are java and done by another group now, but
> when I was more involved and using mod_perl I'd start it that way
> regularly to be able to run a single instance where I could debug
> execution.  It's not something unexpected.

Not unexpected but also not an everyday task for the majority of users.
I'm sure prepending /sbin/ to your command og modding your env to
include /sbin in your path would be okay in situations like this.

The fact that a few ppl think some particular config is the best,
doesn't automatically mean that everybody else thinks so too.

/Thomas