Install F9 on a loopback file a la Wubi

Yaakov Nemoy loupgaroublond at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 01:58:57 UTC 2008

2008/4/23 Konrad Meyer <konrad at tylerc.org>:
> Quoth Ahmed Kamal:
>

> > Hi list,
>  > Did anyone successfully install a modern Fedora on a loopback file a la Wubi
>  > ? I know nothing automated like Wubi exists for Fedora, I have no problem
>  > bringing my sledge hammer to make this work. I just need to know if there
>  > are any pointers/guides somewhere for how to make this work?
>  > PS: Please don't ask why would I want to do that :)
>  > Regards
>
>  So why would you want to do that again?

1) So you can run it without futzing with windows

2) So you don't have to edit the partition tables because
  I) You're only trying it out
  II) You're a noob and don't want to do anything dangerous
  III) It's a work machine with onerous policies

3) You want to convert a VM Image into a real OS host

4) You want to convert a real OS host into a VM Image to run on windows

5) You support a multi OS shop and the more ways an OS can be tested, the better

6) Something like this should pass unit tests anyways

7) It's fun

Cheers
Yaakov