Install F9 on a loopback file a la Wubi

Izhar Firdaus kagesenshi.87 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 03:20:40 UTC 2008

On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 9:58 AM, Yaakov Nemoy <loupgaroublond at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/4/23 Konrad Meyer <konrad at tylerc.org>:
>

> > Quoth Ahmed Kamal:
>  >
>  > > Hi list,
>  >  > Did anyone successfully install a modern Fedora on a loopback file a la Wubi
>  >  > ? I know nothing automated like Wubi exists for Fedora, I have no problem
>  >  > bringing my sledge hammer to make this work. I just need to know if there
>  >  > are any pointers/guides somewhere for how to make this work?
>  >  > PS: Please don't ask why would I want to do that :)
>  >  > Regards
>  >

installing to a loopback mount wouldnt be hard .. its similar to a liveCD ... you can also install it using yum --installroot (provided you know what to install to get a running system) ..

what tricky is how to make it boot from windows ..

this could be an interesting feature to add into Revisor

(what language wubi is written on?, maybe you can find some clue on how that side of the distro world boot that loopback image)

IIRC, Mandrake linux had this feature a long long time ago ... wubi is simply something old with a new appearance ..

--
Mohd Izhar Firdaus Bin Ismail
Amano Hikaru