how to avoid package naming conflicts?

Pavel Shevchuk stlwrt at gmail.com
Sat Apr 26 08:58:12 UTC 2008

If it's same library, just other version, then it's not a naming
conflict, it's just an upgrade (backport, to be precise). RPM won't
complain about it unless library ABI changed.

I have repository for centos5 which has newer versions of php, mysql
and openbox backported from fedora9, and everything works great. Don't
be afraid to experiment with versions for non-critical packages, you
can always revert back to repository version by removing your package
and asking yum to pull older version from repository ;)

http://scwlab.com