FCoA [Was: Re: FESCO]

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Sun Apr 27 09:04:22 UTC 2008

On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 10:08:56AM +0200, Denis Leroy wrote:

> Hmm why is it costly ? I've had a few conflicts resolved that way, and in a
> reasonably speedy fashion. I don't think I've ever seen a call for help on
> fedora-devel-list going unanswered...

It doesn't scale. I sent my personal experience in
http://www.redhat.com/archives/rhl-devel-list/2008-February/msg00496.html
since then some bugs have been closed, but not all and I certainly reopened
at least the same number of similar bugs getting unhandled. And remember
how Michael Schwendt reacted to having his rightly reported bugs to be
closed.

Reporting the bugs packagers don't care about on the fedora-devel list
or to fesco is not right. Ther should be a way to oblige maintainers
without bothering everyone.

--
Pat