Orphaning package

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 09:41:09 UTC 2008

On Sun, 27 Apr 2008 11:28:08 +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:

> I'm so fed up with this (people not responding to trivial to fix bugs / bugs
> with patches attached) that I _regulary_ put a comment like this in bugzilla:
>
> Can you please fix this, this blocks X other bugs. I'm sorry todo this, but
> consider this your first ping in the light of the NonResponsiveMaintainers policy:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/Policy/NonResponsiveMaintainers
>
> Which sometimes gets people attention and sometimes not. I guess the
> NonResponsiveMaintainers policy is already an answer to this, which is why I
> use it, but I wonder if it is _the_ answer.

It's the AWOL procedure, and it assumes that the maintainer doesn't
respond.

It doesn't cover the case, where a maintainer shows up from time to time,
but still doesn't take the requested/recommended action (such as applying
a patch or upgrading to a new upstream release).

And it boils down to FESCo deciding on how to proceed, which is exactly
what is needed in the non-AWOL cases, too.

--
Fedora release 8 (Werewolf) - Linux 2.6.23.15-137.fc8
loadavg: 1.05 1.20 1.37