Orphaning package

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Sun Apr 27 10:13:10 UTC 2008

On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 11:28:08AM +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:

> Can you please fix this, this blocks X other bugs. I'm sorry todo this, but
> consider this your first ping in the light of the NonResponsiveMaintainers policy:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/Policy/NonResponsiveMaintainers
>
> Which sometimes gets people attention and sometimes not. I guess the
> NonResponsiveMaintainers policy is already an answer to this, which is why
> I use it, but I wonder if it is _the_ answer.

No, it is not the answer, since the prerequisite is:

 When a Fedora member notices that a maintainer isn't answering their
 bugs, not answering rebuild requests, emails or the like, they need to
 file a bug against the package in bugzilla asking for the maintainer to
 respond. This bug should list the outstanding issues they need to
 address.

and it is not the case here.

Agreed the problem is similar, but, in my opinion, different. As I told
in another mail, here we want to be able to force maintainers, while the
NonResponsiveMaintainers policy is here to detect missing maintainer who
will never need to be forced since they are missing.

--
Pat