How to downgrade Fedora to previous release?

Matej Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Mon Apr 28 10:47:26 UTC 2008

On Sun, 27 Apr 2008 14:30:55 +0400, Peter Lemenkov scripst:

> Hello All!
> Since Fedora 9-Preview completely unuseable for me I decided to step
> back to F-8. Thus far I know abount the only solution - backing up /etc/
> and /home directories and reinstalling F-8 but maybe there are some ways
> to downgrade to previous relese and updates.

Certainly I hope that we should be able to fix your problems rather than
force you to downgrade, I have a couple things which I would certainly do
in such case.

1) package-cleanup --problems
2) package-cleanup --cleandupes
3) rpm -Va
4) LANG=C find /usr /etc -exec rpm -qf '{}' \; \
      |grep 'is not owned by any package\s*$'

(rinse, dry, repeat until there is nothing seriously wrong in any of these
report -- don't bother about changed times, *.rpm{save,orig,new} and such
things, but missing files are problem; the last test requires most time
and most judgement to decide what's wrong, but to be 100% sure everything
is all right, I found it necessary after one very broken upgrade to F9
Beta).

Matěj
--
The content of this message is licensed under a Creative Commons
Attribution 3.0 License, Some Rights Reserved.