FC9 and NetworkManager

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Mon Apr 28 16:13:45 UTC 2008

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 12:03:30AM -0400, Dan Williams wrote:
> > Ok, I put DNS1 and DNS2 in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 and it
> > I can get online now, though /etc/resolv.conf only has the first dns.
>
> I've fixed this in the latest builds, it was a genuine bug.
>
> > NetworkManager still fails to come up at boot, I need to restart the service.
> > Also the output of ifconfig has Bcast:0.0.0.0 it should be Bcast:10.0.255.255
> > Why is the broadcast address not set?
>
> The broadcast has also been fixed in latest koji builds.
>
> Could you try:
>
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=47429
>
> and if network does not come up on boot, could you mail me
> your /var/log/messages right after you've booted up so I can diagnose?

Would you please have these new builds tagged for dist-f9 so they make
it into the Release Candidate and F9 proper?  Right now, they don't
appear in rawhide, and people have to go to koji manually to test the
updates.  It would be more helpful to have them appear in rawhide for
more widespread testing before F9 comes out.  Thanks.