License name question for io_lib

Christian Iseli Christian.Iseli at unil.ch
Tue Apr 29 21:19:05 UTC 2008

Dear All,

I'm planning to submit a new bioinformatics package, io_lib, for review
shortly, and am unsure what is the proper license name.  I thought
BSD-like summed it up pretty well, but rpmlint does not agree.  Here is
the license in full:
=== 8< ===
All files within the io_lib subdirectories should contain the following notice:

/*
 * Copyright (c) Medical Research Council 1994. All rights reserved.
 *
 * Permission to use, copy, modify and distribute this software and its
 * documentation for any purpose is hereby granted without fee, provided that
 * this copyright and notice appears in all copies.
 *
 * This file was written by James Bonfield, Simon Dear, Rodger Staden,
 * as part of the Staden Package at the MRC Laboratory of Molecular
 * Biology, Hills Road, Cambridge, CB2 2QH, United Kingdom.
 *
 * MRC disclaims all warranties with regard to this software.
 */
=== 8< ===

The package itself is hosted on SF here:
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/staden/io_lib-1.11.0.tar.gz

Any advice ?

Thanks,
					Christian

P.S.
- Anyone interested to review and/or co-maintain is welcome to ping me.
- I find the package name a bit disturbing...
- this package builds some tools and a static library.  There is no
shared version, and I don't have time to hammer one out, but if someone
feels inclined to provide patches I'll gladly take them and try to
funnel them upstream.