Automatic python requires

James Antill james.antill at redhat.com
Wed Apr 30 13:39:10 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-04-30 at 09:47 +0200, Christian Iseli wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 09:26:33 +0200, Patrice Dumas wrote:
> > It is not a problem, just unneeded. It adds difference with upstream,
> > may require patching and so on,
>
> Usually, a 'sed -i' line in %setup is enough, so I wouldn't call it a
> big burden.
>
> > better leave it to te packager.
>
> Sure.  But I think a "recommendation" line somewhere might actually be
> good, with some rationale that it:
> - allows rpm to get the dependencies right
> - avoids user confusion when the wrong interpreter is called
> - maybe something else I forget...

- Must not go through env for setuid / consolehelper
- Must not go through env if it "uses" SELinux, in targeted at least.

...I've also seen multiple instances where people had non-system python
interpreters first in their path, so going through env broke all the
time. But I'm not sure how much we care about that in Fedora?

--
James Antill <james.antill at redhat.com>
Red Hat