rpms/gnome-packagekit/F-9 gnome-packagekit-gpg-bodge.patch, NONE, 1.1 gnome-packagekit.spec, 1.30, 1.31

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 17:28:07 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-04-30 at 11:31 -0400, Todd Zullinger wrote:
> I know this is just a temporary hack (the GIGANTIC HACK wording in the
> patch gave it away for me :)

:-)

> , but can the wording here be changed to
> be a little more accurate?  You don't "install" signatures.  What's
> being installed (or perhaps imported, rather) is the repository's key.
> Maybe something more like the following wording for the two strings
> above:

Yes, the wording in master is much better. If you want to do UI review
then use a master or wait for 0.2.0 - 0.1.x is in "don't break me"
bugfix mode.

> This doesn't seem to be in the upstream git anywhere yet, else I'd have
> sent a more thorough patch to replace signature with key where it
> seems appropriate.  Perhaps the anon-git server just hasn't been
> synced yet today?

Well, that patch is RH specific, as quite frankly, it's shite. You want
to see the UI in master - its much better. When the panic for F9 has
slowed, I'll roll 0.2.0 and put it into updates-testing. Hopefully we
can tie into seahorse as well at that point.

Of course, the user shouldn't have to deal with this signatures rubbish
- I don't see why we can't sign the fedora and fedora-updates key by
default anyway...

Richard.