New bugzilla whiteboard tag - NeedsRetesting

Jon Stanley jonstanley at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 05:16:23 UTC 2008

The QA and Bug Triage teams within Fedora are pleased to announce that
we have introduced a new tag to use within Bugzilla - NeedsRetesting.
Put this in the 'Status Whiteboard' field if you want the QA team to
test a resolution to your bug.  There is a link to a query of all bugs
having this tag on http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA under 'Release
Testing'.

Ideally, bugs that have this keyword will not be hardware specific,
and should be hopefully) resolved, you just need confirmation.  If
there is specific hardware required, then please make a note of it,
however, we cannot guarantee that any of the QA contributors actually
have any particular piece of hardware.

If you test one of these bugs, please remove the status whiteboard
field, such that the effort is not duplicated.

This is an effort to further drive quality in the project, and to keep
the bug counts manageable.  Feel free to let me know if you have any
questions about this.

--
Jon Stanley
Fedora Bug Wrangler