Feature or bug? (strange?) yum behaviour

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 22:20:01 UTC 2008

seth vidal wrote:

>> These numbers are kind of irrelevant to me since I'll be using whatever
>> was shipped in Centos for many more years in the large number of
>> machines where I care about the time it takes to do things.  Building
>> something from source to see if I can save a couple of seconds on my one
>> fedora box doesn't sound very productive.
>>
>>>  For what it's worth I have 12 plugins and 10 enabled repos. (33
>>> disabled ones) and yum list > /dev/null takes 3.6 seconds with git HEAD.
>> I'll appreciate that when it makes it to Centos.
>>

> So your complaining on the fedora-devel-list about the version of yum in
> centos??!?

I specifically complained about the version in FC6, but the reason it
matters is that I have a large number of an equivalent version in Centos
  that I'll have to put up with for years.

"Doctors can always bury their mistakes. Architects can only advise
their clients to plant vines." - Frank Lloyd Wright

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com