very common kernel modules slow down the boot process

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 20:27:29 UTC 2008

On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 12:09 PM, Jeffrey Ollie <jeff at ocjtech.us> wrote:

> This is a case of having things "just work" - having the world's fastest
> boot
> time shouldn't be the ultimate goal here.

the hell you say! My LFS install sitting on my 8 meg flash card boots wicked
fast and 'just works'.

If by 'just works' you mean brings me to a single user mode shell prompt
with just enough support to mount a ro ext2 filesystem and startup my eth0
hardware with no other network hardware support, with only just enough
commands available to create iptable rules on the cmdline with no editor on
the system.

-jef"using the word 'just' as is used in 'just in time' or 'just failed the
test'"spaleta