Buggy network connection causes very low system responsiveness

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 19:19:08 UTC 2008

On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 11:06 AM, Dan Williams <dcbw at redhat.com> wrote:
>  If you check your ifcfg files, do they have NM_CONTROLLED=false in them?

lovely....does that automatically get added in the false state as the
default if I run the damn legacy tool and build an ifcfg file with it?
I totally missed that checkbox, because i didn't edit the device
properties.  That's what I get for trying to help other people
troubleshoot the legacy network configuration stuff.  Now that its
pointed out, its obvious.  But hey the hooks to prevent NM for messing
with the legacy configuration work, so that's good...even though I'm a
dorkus for not seeing it.

-jef"Another default setting choice to be argued over for several
releases"spaleta