Network Manager Summary

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.com
Thu Apr 3 23:57:56 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-04-03 at 15:36 -0800, Jeff Spaleta wrote:

> If you have used the system-config-network dialog to manage devices
> you'll need to use the dialog again, edit the device and make sure
> NetworkManager controlled is enabled.

Thanks for the tip, as I did have to go back into the legacy UI and
enable Network Manager to control it.

BUT,  the problem seems to be, that after I set it so network didn't
start, and network manager did, that my /etc/resolv.conf file got
emptied and didn't have dns. I had to add it manually.  Going to reboot
after sending this email to see if it stays this time. Or does it get
removed each time anyway and this is a bug?

--
Mike Chambers
mikec302 at fedoraproject.org