rawhide report: 20080403 changes

Andrew Farris lordmorgul at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 01:11:13 UTC 2008

Jeffrey Ollie wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 6:51 AM, pingou <pingoufc4 at yahoo.fr> wrote:
>> Jeffrey Ollie wrote:
>>> First of all, what's up with the empty report (except the broken
>>> deps)?  Second, I get the following when updating this morning:
>>>
>>>  file /usr/share/man/man1/base64.1.gz from install of
>>> coreutils-6.10-17.fc9.x86_64 conflicts with file from package
>>> coreutils-6.10-16.fc9.i386
>>  Do you have a i386 or a x86_64 system ??
>
> x86_64

This is caused by having both architectures installed but having only one of the
packages available to update at that time.  You're seeing coreutils.x86_64 try
to update while there is only an x86_64 update available and not the matching
i386 version, yet you've got both installed for the prior version.  Using
skip-broken does not avoid that, you need to --exclude=coreutils or uninstall
the i386 version.

  gpg 0x8300BF29 fingerprint 071D FFE0 4CBC 13FC 7DEB  5BD5 5F89 8E1B 8300 BF29
  revoked key 0xC99B1DF3 no longer used