Reverse bug triage

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sat Apr 5 01:18:39 UTC 2008

Chris Adams <cmadams <at> hiwaay.net> writes:
> Do the triage messages just go to the requester or to everybody
> (requester, maintainer, CCs)?  If they only go to the requester, then
> one rule to try would be if the last comment was from the requester,
> send a notice to the maintainer.  In most cases, if the requester was
> the last person to comment, there's nothing more they can do unless
> asked for more info.

They go to everybody who gets mail for that bug: requester, maintainer, CCs. I
properly triaged all the bugs I got mailed about due to the cleanup scripts,
either closed them or updated the version or just cleared the NEEDINFO if they
were filed against an old Rawhide, but still apply to the current one.

Unfortunately, they don't go to new comaintainers who got watchbugzilla only
after the bug was filed, so if you want to be sure those see the bug and can
act on it, you have to add them to the CC list. (This is something which should
probably be improved: when a new comaintainer gets watchbugzilla on a package,
they should get CCed automatically to the open bugs against the component, it
is tedious to go through all of them and click "add myself to the CC list" when
there are dozens of bugs (e.g. for kde*).)

        Kevin Kofler