libsigc++20 2.2 rebuild issues

Denis Leroy denis at poolshark.org
Sat Apr 5 14:08:39 UTC 2008

Wart wrote:
> Matt Domsch wrote:
>> Fedora Rawhide-in-Mock Build Results for i386
>> using rawhide from 3/29 and for any failures, again with 3/31
>>
>> Full logs at http://linux.dell.com/files/fedora/FixBuildRequires/
>>
>> Total packages: 5500
>> Number failed to build: 304
>> Number expected to fail due to ExclusiveArch or ExcludeArch: 13
>> Leaving:  291
>> (there may be some duplicates if rawhide has 2 versions of a package)
>>
> [...]
>> wart: sear
>
> This depends on libsigc++20, which was upgraded from 2.0.x to 2.2.2,
> which broke backwards compatibility in some cases.  Did I miss an
> announcement of this somewhere?

Yes my apologies for this. libsigc++20 2.2 turned off support for the
deprecated 1.2 API, and that wasn't made very clear whth 2.2.0 came out.
I just sent you a patch for sear that compiles for me.

A quick howto to port to the 2.0 API

1) email me :-)

or

2) install and run regexxer. regexxer is your friend.

look for occurences of 'SigC::slot'. These must be replaced with
'sigc::mem_fun' if it has 2 arguments, or 'sigc::ptr_fun' if it has one arg.

'Sigc::Signal' should be replaced with 'sigc::signal'

'Sigc::Object' is replaced by 'sigc::trackable'.

Generally, any use of 'SigC' instead of 'sigc' will cause a failure.