bugzilla triage madness :-/

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Sat Apr 5 18:38:01 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-04-05 at 14:03 +0200, nodata wrote:

> If you follow the lists.

Well, if you don't follow the lists, including the really really low
traffic fedora-devel-announce list, then you get to deal with what those
that /do/ follow the list and are in the committees that vote on these
things decide.

> I am getting three e-mails per bot-closed bug, not one. That could be
> three times better.

This unfortunately was out of the hands of the Triage team.  They made a
request of Red Hat Eng Operations to run the various changes on
bugzilla, with the prior understanding that it could be done without
mail spam.  Unfortunately what Eng Ops did wasn't that, and we got mail
bombed.  It'll certainly be handled better next time, but don't throw
the Triage team under the bus for this.

--
Jesse Keating