Fedora (again) forces me to disable SELinux

Mark markg85 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 15:15:36 UTC 2008

2008/4/5, Andrew Farris <lordmorgul at gmail.com>:
> Mark wrote:
>
> > Then i will collect all the issues i find and file them all here in
> > this mailing list (no this thread). i won't make a bugzilla report for
> > each warning! and a online selinux warning database where all the
> > warning are send to would really be helpful here!
> >

>  Sending to fedora-selinux-list or fedora-test-list rather than flooding
> devel-list with AVCs will be much more helpful, when you do this.

I will send it to both those lists and keep the devel list out of it (for now).

2008/4/5, Daniel J Walsh <dwalsh at redhat.com>:

> Andrew Farris wrote:
>  > Mark wrote:
>  >> Then i will collect all the issues i find and file them all here in
>  >> this mailing list (no this thread). i won't make a bugzilla report for
>  >> each warning! and a online selinux warning database where all the
>  >> warning are send to would really be helpful here!
>  >
>  > Sending to fedora-selinux-list or fedora-test-list rather than flooding
>  > devel-list with AVCs will be much more helpful, when you do this.
>  >

> Grouping all the AVC messages into one Bugzilla is fine.  Most people do
>  this.  It is actually easier on me.  Flooding the list with the messages
>  is not a good idea.  You could all use a pastebin.

I will also do that!

Now just to group it together.
Just to report issues you have to do (one/multiple or all):

- send a message to the test list
- send a message to the selinux-list
- file a bugzilla

And for that you need to subscribe to those lists or register to on
bugzilla. The later one isn't a issue because i already have a account
on bugzilla but the subscribing part is.. just getting more junk in my
gmail! And why do you guys make a list for everything.. you can overdo
it and this smells like overdoing it.

Also you see that there are 3 ways in reporting a bug. all 3 require
the user to put work in it to even start reporting the bug. If you
want more bugs to get filled than get rid of those subscription and
registration demands! Make a bug database for that selinux stuff.. add
a "report bug" button in selinux where the notices appear.. just do
something to get the users so far to submit more of those
notices/warning/whatever

This is the last time i'm gonna try selinux to help improve it!