bugzilla triage madness :-/

Andrew Farris lordmorgul at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 09:49:02 UTC 2008

Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Tue, 08 Apr 2008 00:31:39 -0700, Andrew Farris wrote:
>
>> Michael Schwendt wrote:
>>> fail to see the guarantee that this time a report will be dealt with. All
>>> I see is that tickets were picked by age/by product and not by contents.
>> Waiting on the magic perl script that can do that, or the offer to have looked
>> at the thousands of bugs manually instead of the script, now that would be
>> productive and helpful.
>
> If you don't filter by package name, there will always be thousands
> of bugs.

I meant the thousands of bugs relevant to this discussion... filed as rawhide
during an EOL release development cycle.  I'm suggesting that although in a
perfect world a content parser would know how to deal with the bug (which you
keep suggesting should have been used) its just not available.  A heuristic had
to be applied, the triagers applied one in a best effort plan to correct the
problem that was being created over a few years.  I'm leaving it to you to
suggest an actual method of picking bug tickets by contents which is
implementable without manual human interaction on every single one of them.

  gpg 0x8300BF29 fingerprint 071D FFE0 4CBC 13FC 7DEB  5BD5 5F89 8E1B 8300 BF29