rawhide report: 20080408 changes

Ville-Pekka Vainio vpivaini at cs.helsinki.fi
Tue Apr 8 16:15:19 UTC 2008

Alex Lancaster wrote:
> 	vdr-skinsoppalusikka-1.0.6-2.fc9.i386 requires vdr(abi) = 0:1.4.5
> 	vdr-tvonscreen-1.0.141-2.fc9.i386 requires vdr(abi) = 0:1.4.5
>
> Gah!  Looks like some people introduced a whole lot of broken deps
> just as the freeze happened.  None of these were present in
> yesterday's rawhide.
>
> Did some builds, which would fix these, just happen to miss the
> cut-off perhaps?

These two are my packages. Ville Skytta, who is the primary VDR maintainer,
built VDR 1.6.0 yesterday evening, but I had no time to build my packages.
Still, we both agreed on getting VDR 1.6.0 into F9 instead of the quite old
previous stable 1.4.7.

I'm a relatively new packager and I thought the freeze being today would have
meant that I'd have had until 23:59 tonight UTC to make the builds, but
apparently that was not the case. Sorry about that. I'll start making the new
builds right now and I'll contact releng for pushing them into F9 once
they're done.

--
Ville-Pekka Vainio