RFC: Draft Javascript Guidelines

Ralf Ertzinger fedora at camperquake.de
Fri Apr 11 06:29:36 UTC 2008

Hi.

On 10 Apr 2008 16:59:13 -0500, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:

> I'm not really sure why that's a bad thing.  Perhaps there's a desire
> to use a different web server?  Do the non-apache web servers we
> provide also make use of /etc/httpd/conf.d?  If not, why haven't we
> heard more complaints about all of the web applications that install
> into /usr/share and then map themselves into the URL space with a file
> in /etc/httpd/conf.d?

I, for one, use lighttpd for most of my web serving needs, and yes,
putting config information only in /etc/httpd is a bit of a bother.

On the other hand, these config files are apache specific, really
(lighttpd can do most of the things configured in there, it just needs
a different language), so they're not entirely misplaced.

The only alternative I can think of is to ship config files for all
web servers we provide, which is a bit unpractical, too.