ogre, vavoom

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Mon Apr 14 11:30:52 UTC 2008

David Timms wrote:
> Hans de Goede wrote:
>>     * ogre -- Object-Oriented Graphics Rendering Engine
>>     * vavoom -- Enhanced Doom, Heretic, Hexen and Strife source port
>
> Both interest me, but having only one fedora package under my belt - I
> guess I need other's guidance on whether that is realistic proposition ?

vavoom has a very active and helpfull upstream, so its really an easy package,
so I say go for it!

As for ogre its more important to be good with c++ then having lots of
packaging experience. Beware that you should only update ogre to a new upstream
release in devel, or in special circumstances on the latest release with lots
of prior warning as every new upstream ogre release breaks the ABI (and these
days luckily also the soname, making the break evidently, it took me some
education of upstream to get there).

Let me know which ones you want (if any) and I'll release them in pkgdb.

Regards,

Hans