F9 NetworkManager on F8

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Mon Apr 14 14:38:04 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-04-14 at 10:08 +0200, Karel Zak wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 13, 2008 at 10:39:07AM -0500, Mike Chambers wrote:
> > Would the NM from F9 installed on F8 work with a wireless static ip?
> > User already pulled it in, so not much deps so that isn't an issue in
> > case someone was thinking of it.
> >
> > User has their /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-wlan0 file with the
> > IP info, and dns but says NM still pulls in the IP.
>
>  so use "ifup wlan0" rather than broken NM...

NM from f8-updates-testing should look in network-scripts/ for ifcfg
files.  For a while I was trying to keep compat with profiles but since
nobody actually cares about those, I just switched NM to read from
network-scripts/ and the world is now happy and magical.

I'll probably push a new testing build to f8-updates-testing that
represents the latest bits of NM sometime soon.

Dan