saving f-spot

Alex Lancaster alexl at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Apr 15 11:04:39 UTC 2008

JK> On Tue, 2008-04-15 at 03:33 -0700, Alex Lancaster wrote:
>>
> So the only files that conflicts as far as also being provided by
>> other packages appears to be Mono.Addins*.dll.  This should
>> probably be fixed (and Tao and gnome-keyring-sharp packaged) very
>> soon, but based on this analysis I don't see any need to yank the
>> package itself from f9-final as it appears to legally OK.

JK> Sounds good.  We definitely need to fix the mono-addins part, as
JK> it is accidentally resolving as providing it for things like
JK> tomboy.  People get cranky when their tomboy stops working (:

Yeah, sort of like somebody grabbing your briefcase with all your
papers and up-ending it on the street in the rain.  I hear you.

So what exactly was the issue that triggered it?  Was tomboy
attempting to use the version that f-spot provides as opposed to the
system mono-addins?  (and installing f-spot because it won the
shortest package name contest in yum-land?)

Alex