Re: packages without internet source in fedora

On Wed, 2008-04-16 at 16:18 -0400, seth vidal wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-04-16 at 16:14 -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:
> > On Wed, 2008-04-16 at 22:00 +0200, Patrice Dumas wrote:
> > > * missing upstream: I think that fedorahosted is not right, a distro
> > >   neutral place should in my opinion be better.
> >
> > I don't really feel that way.  That'd be like saying code.google.com
> > isn't neutral because they also do a linux distro (or have threatened
> > to)
>
> maybe I'm confused - I can see some concern about distro-specific
> locations for abandoned/orphaned upstreams. But not for apps for whom
> their upstream is hosted in fedorahosted. for those - it should be fine
> - and not matter about the distro.
>
> -sv

Maybe I'm just jaded that fedorahosted is too 'distro specific'.  I
didn't want it to be, but I guess that's what you get when "fedora" is
attached to the name.  (having to sign the Fedora CLA to get an account
doesn't help much either...)

--
Jesse Keating