packages without internet source in fedora

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Wed Apr 16 20:40:57 UTC 2008

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 04:36:00PM -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-04-16 at 22:31 +0200, Patrice Dumas wrote:
> > The issue is not fedorahosted per se, but currently it appears to be too
> > closed and fedora specific. Maybe this could be changed. But I don't
> > think it is worth it since other sites already exist (for example
> > savannah, berlios, launchpad...).
>
> Hrm, what about it appears "closed"?  When I hear closed, I think
> launchpad, which is ran on closed source software.  The entire
> fedorahosted stack is all open source software.

I didn't know that launchpad ran on closed source software. I said
closed because of

 How can I get a Fedora Hosted account?

 Your normal Fedora Project account works with Fedora Hosted. Simply
 apply for a Fedora Project account if you haven't already. Do note that
 you must sign a Contributor License Agreement with the Fedora Project in
 order to contribute code.

In my opinion the fact that launchpad is ran on closed source software
is a reason not to use it.

--
Pat