packages without internet source in fedora

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Wed Apr 16 20:59:29 UTC 2008

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 12:46:59PM -0800, Jeff Spaleta wrote:

> Obligating anyone to do anything with regard to how they choose to set
> up what is essentially a new fork of a dead codebase is
> absolutely..wrong.
>
> If you want to always require that a codebase in the Fedora repository
> has an identifiable upstream source location that's reasonable.  But

Indeed. That's the point. And then I don't want to force people, but
push a model where we collaborate with other distros when reviving dead
upstream. I really don't want to mandate something, but help those
facing such case with documentation and procedure to lower information
barrier and help coordinating with other distros in a case I think it
makes sense.

--
Pat