Remaining broken deps (Re: rawhide report: 20080417 changes)

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu Apr 17 18:36:15 UTC 2008

> That's a fun one. perl-Test-AutoBuild-darcs is a subpackage of the noarch
> package perl-Test-AutoBuild. This means the usual tricks don't work:
> * we can't ExcludeArch: ppc64 because ExcludeArch doesn't work on a subpackage,
> * we can't disable building the subpackage on ppc64 because this is a noarch
> package.

So you can actually excludearch a subpackage, even a noarch subpackage.
The compose tools will handle it.  The only catch is making sure the
entire thing doesn't get built on a ppc host.  Otherwise you can
excludearch the whole thing and it both won't be built on ppc, nor will
it show up in the ppc repos.

--
Jesse Keating