Packaging enthought tool suite

Shawn Starr sstarr at platform.com
Fri Apr 18 14:56:41 UTC 2008

This originally was an off list message

Well, they all appear to be Python so packaging them all is the same Fedora python
packaging guidelines.

I'm thinking for the setuptools we'll call the package python-ets-setuptools since it
is extensions/dropins to python-setuptools (I think).

> from what I gather, these are some tools and python modules and for
> scientific use, 3D/2D plotting and more.

>>Exactly. 3D/2D plotting, and a lot of widget and framework-related stuff
>>to be able to build extensible applications. The whole suite is just
>>trying to make it easier to build interactiv scientific applications
>>(Enthought's core business).

> We can continue to discuss this on the fedora-devel mailing list, im just not
> subscribed to it from this address :-)

Best to do this from the fedora-devel ML, so everyone is kept in the loop and could also
jump in and help :-)

--
Shawn Starr
Software Developer, Open Source Grid Development Center (OSGDC)