Burning problems (was: Number 9, number 9. Fedora 9 Preview has been cleared for takeoff!)

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 17:27:51 UTC 2008

On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 11:40:02 -0400, Braden McDaniel wrote:

> I got the image via bittorrent and it appears to check out:
>
>         $ sha1sum -c SHA1SUM
>         Fedora-9-Preview-x86_64-DVD.iso: OK
>
> Yet I seem to have made two coasters with this so far.

> K3b writes the image, but upon verification says it
> can't find any tracks.

That's covered in https://bugzilla.redhat.com/440343 with similar
regression in F8. For F9 it's "No tracks to verify found" in k3b - somebody
could file a separate ticket for F9. I don't know whether the kernel devs want
any info. Downgrade to the kernel in my sig (via koji) if you want a working
verification of burnt images with k3b.

--
Fedora release 8 (Werewolf) - Linux 2.6.23.15-137.fc8
loadavg: 1.44 1.28 1.12