Re: F9 beta: disk druid

Ok, I tried to install either F8 or F7 on this machine. Both of those could only see two of the SATA controllers. So at least F9 found all the SATA controllers. If the F9 anaconda installer would just quit crashing with unhandled exception...

The issue of the changing device names has me concerned. If SATA acts like SCSI then are the hdd device names going to be changing all the time when I plug in my usbkey during boot? Also, I have drive utilities that store things like partition tables in files like hda1.part. But with SATA, /dev/sda, may next time be /dev/sdc. So my utilities would not be able to know it the partition was actually for the correct drive device. So how are we to manage things like partition table dumps so that they would be loaded back onto the correct device?

Gerry