Fedora 9 Preview issues

Mark Bidewell mark.bidewell at alumni.clemson.edu
Mon Apr 21 12:42:00 UTC 2008

I apologize if some of these have been mention previously but here are some
issue I ran into with the F9 preview.

1) Shortly after using gnome nautilus crashed X after opening a browser
window ( I had switched off spatial nautilus).  ctrl+alt_backspace was
needed to exit.
2) GDM does not honor any settings changes in /etc/profile (is there another
location?)
3) When using KDM, the first login works but if I logout KDM no longer
accepts keyboard input.  Restarting the X server resolves this.
4)  Networkmanager and bridged networking.  I am trying to setup a Xen style
bridge setup.  Network manager overrides this configuration, however
disabling networkmanager at
    startup left me with no network.  A manual network restart resolves
this.

I don't know if this is related but I am using the Beta Nvidia drivers with
experimental xorg 1.4 support (does anyone know how to control the GPU fan
without using the binary drivers?).

Mark Bidewell