ARM cross compilers [WAS: Re: 200+ packages up for grabs]

Lennert Buytenhek buytenh at wantstofly.org
Tue Apr 22 22:16:11 UTC 2008

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 03:42:43PM -0400, Jon Masters wrote:

> > The avr chain is in good hands. The arm chain is currently for the gp2x
> > handheld only, I would be much interested in discussing and getting advice on
> > perhaps making a generic arm embedded chain. Or rather 2 one arm glibc and one
> > arm ulibc, perhaps the arm glibc chain can be just Fedora arm?
>
> Ok. We should talk ARM. I noticed all you seemed to have was GP2X (which
> I debated buying but don't have currently). I generally work on ARM/PPC
> and have a few ARM devices kicking around. Let's ask the wider audience
> what they think about having a more generic toolchain.
>
> > As for bochs you are very welcome to take over maintainership of that I never
> > use it, just say the word and I'll release it in pkgdb.
>
> I'll mull it over. I don't use it much myself tbh, but it's the kind of
> thing I'm interested in in general so wouldn't mind. Will let you know.

I have a set of Fedora -> Fedora cross toolchains, built for ARM (one
toolchain targeting Fedora/ARM glibc, and one targeting ARM/uClibc), but
it can also build x86 -> ia64 cross toolchains for example:

	http://ftp.linux.org.uk/pub/linux/arm/fedora/cross/latest/

Wiki page detailing the ARM side of it:

	http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architectures/ARM/CrossToolchain

IA64 link (the patches necessary to build for ia64 are merged as of -cross5):

	http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2008-01/msg01105.html