Adding /sbin and /usr/sbin to everyone's path in F10

Debarshi Ray debarshi.ray at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 02:20:52 UTC 2008

> Everybody being confronted with programs he can't run.
>  "must be root" .. "insufficent privileges to ..."
> [...]
> I do not care about extra programs in $PATH - I do care about having
>  programs which are NOT RUNABLE by users and which are not USEFUL for
>  ordinary users in $PATH.

An ordinary user is always going to be limited if compared to the
superuser. eg., neither can I do a 'rpm -ivh ...' nor can I do a 'cat
/etc/grub.conf'. If you look at the GUI you might find it even worse
that clicking on a *.rpm opens up something which asks for your root
password. So should one disable clicking on *.rpm files because normal
users can not install them?

Regards,
Debarshi
--
"From what we get, we can make a living; what we give, however, makes a life."
    -- Arthur Ashe